1) Come up with an idea that solves someone's problem. (Check out the ULTRA BrainStorm Workbook.)
2) Make a Powerpoint. Here's my example (I recorded it).
3) Go talk to 25 potential customers and show them your presentation. a) Try to sell it to them. b) Get feedback on your idea.
4) Repeat step 3 until you have five people willing to pay for it (not a friend or family member).
5) Go to CoderNights and tell anyone willing to listen to you about your traction.
About the Author Steve Anderson is an entrepreneur who lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Steve is a co-founder of Snapifeye. He has a masters degree from the Wisconsin School of Business and is a previous Startup Weekend winner.