For 2014 one of Startup Milwaukee’s goals is to accelerate the growing startup community in Wisconsin. One of the best ways that already established companies can help boost our startup eco-system is to provide mentors. Your company can benefit from providing mentors to local startups. These benefits include: 1) Exclusive access to new ideas and technology.
2) Inside knowledge of innovative Milwaukee companies.
3) Personal development for you staff.
- Cultivate leadership skills.
- Encourage the entrepreneurial mindset.
4) Social recognition to greater Milwaukee community.
- Public relations opportunities.
- Sponsorship opportunities.
5) Access to potential new customers.
6) Give back to the community.
The ability to act as a mentor will benefit your employees and our state as a whole. In order to make lasting economic growth in Wisconsin we must foster an environment where innovation thrives. Consider providing a mentor for one of the areas listed below in 2014. To be part of the mentorship program in 2014 please e-mail Tim Grove at: Tim@startupmke.org
Startup Milwaukee Mentor Wish List
About the Author
Steve Anderson is an entrepreneur who lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Currently he is the CEO of Snapifeye. Steve has a masters degree from the Wisconsin School of Business and is a previous winner of Startup Weekend.