Startup Milwaukee is the leading cheerleader of Southeast Wisconsin’s growing startup community. Aggregating access to resources, capital, events at office space for high-growth companies. Below we have outlined some compelling reasons to start your high-growth startup in Southeast Wisconsin:
Business Friendly Environment that Incentivizes Startups
- The Qualified New Business Venture tax credit program from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation incentivizes angel investors to invest in Wisconsin-based startups.
- Wisconsin is a top 10 state for business according to Chief Executive Magazine.
Large Companies Engaged in Milwaukee’s Startup Community
- 13 Fortune 1000 companies based in Metro Milwaukee.
- 7 Fortune 500 companies based in Metro Milwaukee.
- Large corporations such as Aurora Health Care, Direct Supply and Northwestern Mutual are engaged in the local tech startup community.
Strong Pipeline of Young Technology Talent
- Strong Computer Science and Software Engineering programs at the Milwaukee School of Engineering, UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University.
- 24 colleges, universities and tech schools call the Milwaukee region home.
Growing Momentum in the Local Healthcare Technology Space
- 30+ HealthTech startups call the Milwaukee metro area home.
- Nine investor groups investing in healthcare startups at various stages.
- Four large health systems and a strong base of HealthTech talent from GE Healthcare, Aurora Healthcare and other local health systems.
Access to Seed Accelerator Programs
- gener8tor is a top 15 seed accelerator program in the country, they also offer gBeta a pre-accelerator program for local startups.
- The Brew is a seed accelerator program focused on supporting Water technology startups.
- WERCbench Labs is a seed accelerator focused on supporting Energy technology startups.