Since 2011, we have led the effort to help entrepreneurs launch & scale high-growth companies in Southeastern Wisconsin.
WHAT WE DO
Startup Milwaukee provides entrepreneurs with access to mentorship, capital, talent and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. We work with digital companies with scalable business models. Our vision is to make Southeast Wisconsin among the best places to launch and grow a high-growth company.
MEET THE TEAM
Matt Cordio, Founder & President
In Fall of 2011, Matt Cordio founded Startup Milwaukee with a small group of entrepreneurs from around Southeast Wisconsin and has overseen our growth. Cordio is a leading voice in Wisconsin’s technology and startup communities. Cordio also is Co-founder & President of Skills Pipeline, a technology talent solutions company that is the parent company of Startup Milwaukee.
Cordio also founded Milwaukee Startup Week, Wisconsin Startup Week, The Commons entrepreneurial skills accelerator program and Milwaukee's 96square coworking space. Cordio has also served as a consultant to Marquette University’s entrepreneurship program and The Branch entrepreneurial skills accelerator in Wausau, Wisconsin.
Cordio is also the host of Tech Wisconsin podcast powered by WTMJ Mobile and regular contributor at Newsradio 620 WTMJ.
Cordio is a native of Cedarburg, Wisconsin and a 2011 graduate of Marquette University's College of Business Administration. Cordio resides in Milwaukee's historic Walker's Point neighborhood.
- 2011 - Startup Milwaukee was created as an informal networking group in August of 2011.
- 2013 - Startup Milwaukee launched 96square, Milwaukee's first startup coworking space located in the historic Blatz Brewery complex. The space was home to over 20 early-stage companies.
- 2014 - Startup Milwaukee launched The Commons an entrepreneurial education program for college students in Southeast Wisconsin.
- 2016 - Startup Milwaukee launched Milwaukee Startup Week in November of 2016. The event was the largest entrepreneurial event in Milwaukee, attended by over 2,700 people.
- 2017 - Startup Milwaukee launched Emerge a monthly pitch event series focused on helping entrepreneurs practice their pitch.
- 2017 - Startup Milwaukee launched the Wisconsin Startup Week initiative.